12 Litre Traditional Fruit and Apple Cider Press with Cross Bar and T Handle
- Product Code: GFH851
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 28cm x 40cm x 95cm
- Availability: In Stock
Standard UK Delivery - (2 - 5 Working Days): £4.99
We offer Same Day Dispatch on all orders placed prior to 12:00 noon * (Please see below for exceptions to this rule)
Express UK Delivery - (Next Working Day): £6.99
Your order must be placed before 12:00 noon to qualify for Express UK Delivery. If your order is placed after this time, it will be dispatched the next working day. If your order is placed after 12:00pm on a Friday or at any time on a Saturday or Sunday, it will be shipped on the following Monday. The exception to this is Bank Holidays, when the order will be dispatched on the next working day, usually a Tuesday.
Please note that Express UK Delivery is not available for the following areas and post codes:
The Isle of Wight, Isle of Scilly, Northern Ireland, AB31 - AB38, AB40 - AB56, IV1 - 28, IV30 - 32, IV36 - 40, IV52 - 54, IV63, KW1 - 14, PA21 - PA38, PH4 - PH41, PH49 - PH50, IV41 - IV49, IV51, 55, 56, KA27 & 28, KW15 - 17, PA20, PA41 - 49, PA60 - 78, PH42 - 44 and ZE.
Scottish Highlands & Islands, Isle of Man, Northern Ireland & Channel Islands
Standard UK Delivery - (2 - 5 Working Days): £20.00
Express UK Delivery - (2 Working Days) : £30.00
Collect in Person (Monday to Friday 09:00am - 4:30pm) : Free
By prior arrangement, orders can be collected by customers from our warehouse in Dorset, 9:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday, with the exception of Bank Holidays. When placing your order, please include the date and approximate time you would like to collect your order, or call our Customer Service Team on 01258 837 970 so we may ensure that your purchase is ready for you.
Europe (Including Republic of Ireland) / Rest of the World
Unfortunately, at this time we do not deliver outside of the UK.
- Please note that only Monday to Friday are classed as working days.
- Depending on the weight and delivery requirements or your order, the parcel will be dispatched via one of the following couriers; Royal Mail, DPD, UKMail, Yodel, Parcelforce, DX or TNT.
- Same Day Dispatch - there are some exceptions to this rule; for some larger, heavier items (please see product descriptions for details) and some peak periods such as Christmas and Easter when couriers are exceptionally busy.
- If you need your purchase to arrive on or before a specific date, please contact our Customer Service Team on 01258 837 970 to ensure that this is possible.
- Before you finalise and submit your order, please ensure the delivery address is correct, including the postcode.
- All orders will be dispatched to the address provided to complete your order. If you would like your goods to be sent to a different delivery address, please provide the details at time of ordering. We process and dispatch orders very quickly, so we may not be able to amend your delivery address at a later time and an additional charge may have to be added if your order needs to be re-directed.
- All orders that are sent via courier will be marked ‘Leave in safe place and card if out’. If there is a specific place you would like the courier to leave a parcel if you are not in when they call, please provide clear instructions with your order.
- Once an item has been left in the designated safe location, we cannot be held responsible for the parcel after this. Please note that Garden Selections cannot be held responsible for failure in delivery caused by circumstances beyond our control including but not limited to vehicle breakdown, incorrect address details being provided, major roadworks or road closures and force majeure.
- Once an item has been signed for, it is accepted that the order has been received in a good condition, especially with items of furniture. Please therefore check all items carefully before signing for your parcel.
- If you contact us to say that you have not received your order, we will require you to sign a non receipt form before we can re-send your order. This may be sent via email or by the post and must be received back within 7 days.
This traditional press has an 12 litre capacity and is great for all kinds of home brewing. Ideal for pressing apples to make cider (as well as a other fruits for fruit juice), this attractive, traditionally styled 12 litre fruit press will produce plenty of juice from your apple harvest.
Well designed and constructed to the highest standard, the press comprises a steel base plate with a hardwood pressing basket. The base plates features a lip for easy juice collection as well as a wide stance for stability.
The feet of the press have small anchoring holes if needed additional stability; meaning the whole unit can be firmly attached to the floor to ensure the press stays in the correct position when pressing large quantities of juice. This press also features a cross bar and T handle set up, that enables the pressing plate to be solid and the basket not to have a spindle running up through the centre (as is found on simpler models). This in creases the capacity and makes filling and pressing a simpler task as it does not have to accommodate this spindle
To use, secure the stand and unwind the pressing plate to the full extension by twisting the T Handle anti-clockwise. Once extended, unfasten the cross bar fixing on the left hand side and rotate the bar and handle towards the front, exposing the pressing basket. The straining bag can now be placed into to the wooden pressing drum, and the cross bar can be fixed securely back in place. Now, add your produce to be pressed (we recommend pulping the apples before using the press with a scratter).
Simply turn the T Handle clockwise to move the pressing plate towards the base of the press; the fruit juices will begin flowing out of the recesses in the basket, into the funnel and then can be collected in a bucket or container.
The dimensions for this product are as follows:
- 95 centimeter total height (with handle extended)
- 28 centimeter diameter pressing basket
- 22 centimeter diameter pressing plate
- 40 centimeter T handle