Now you can grow your vegetables the easy way, with the Veg-Trough planter and matching cold frame. Made from treated timber, this unique raised bed provides the ideal base for your vegetable garden. Specially designed to provide a comfortable working height, the Veg Trough is ideal for creating a vegetable plot that is easily managed without bending over (great for those with bad backs) while keeping the crops safe from pests. What's more, crops can be increased as the Veg Trough can be filled with compost to create the perfect growing environment - so you can be sure of a bumper harvest whatever the local soil conditions.
The generously sized wooden framed cold frame provides a place for plants to be hardened off in spring prior to planting out, and to be protected from frosts in the evening and morning in the autumn. Designed specially to fit on top of the Veg Trough, the cold frame has legs that protrude from the base that slot into the top of the veg trough, holding it in place
The Veg-Trough comes to you part-assembled with a liner cut to size - you simply assemble the table, place your liner inside and position your Veg-Trough in a sunny spot. Fill with your choice of drainage material, such as shingle or broken pieces of polystyrene, then soil or compost.
* Can be used in your patio or greenhouse, or anywhere in your garden
* Height and design are well suited to allow easy wheelchair access
* Treated timber is suitable for a growing environment
* Helps keep pests (like rabbits and slugs) at bay
* Holds approximately 175 litres of compost
* Features a growing area of 0.8sqm
* Measures 80cm x 119cm x 100cm
* Requires home assembly