Wooden Bat Box with Landing Perch
- Brand: Selections
- Product Code: GFJ498
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 12cm x 15cm x 34cm
- Reward Points: 3
- Availability: In Stock
- Price in reward points: 70
This natural and attractive Bat Box will fit into any garden, woodland or house wall site. It is made from high quality durable timber providing longevity and excellent insulation. Bats need Habitat as many of their roost have been lost over recent years. The narrow entrance slot and strong timber help to discourage predators.
As well as being one of the most threatened types of mammal in Britain, Bats are also among the most misunderstood. Far from being nasty dangerous animals, they are attractive small, furry insect eaters who need all the help they can get, and in return they will help to control a large range of garden insects. Bats need a range of roosting sites, including summer daytime roosts, winter hibernation ones and breeding sites. You can help them find a suitable roost by putting up a simple bat box.
* The best place to position a bat box is on a tree.
* Ideally, place them in groups round three sides of a tree - bats like to move from one box to another during the day and from season to season as temperatures change.
* Put the boxes as high as possible above the ground to avoid predators - some species of bat such as nocturnes prefer roosts at least 5 metres off the ground.
* Clear away surrounding branches to give them a clear flight path.
* Boxes can also be located on buildings. A good position is under the eaves to protect them from bad weather.